2008.12.27 #MongoliaFriend Chris Adam from Canada

AGE: 25
LOCATION: Canada - Alberta - Calgary


Couchsurfers book 1

~18th guest Chris Adam (Calgary Canada)
Date : 27/12/2008

Black Market take busses going east on Peace avenue that say “Зах” definitely the #2,22,23 ask for “Зах”.You will have to walk a bit to get there from the bus stop. The restaurant finally cheap and good.

Tourist Information
The discover Mongolia center is not yet up and running. You should go to the post office on Peace avenue next to Sukhbaatar Square, in the back there is a small desk that is hot labelled you will have to ask.

Recommended Side “Trip”
~Search “Trip Ellington” on Couchsurfing in UB and you will find trip he is waiting as a peace corps. volunteer in a small town an hour outside of UB. The buses leaves from the Black Market around 3PM. It was a cool experience. We visited some Gers went to an abandoned Russian military base and at lots of Mongolian food.

Getting to the Ger
~Don’t wait to ask people if the next stop is Gants Hudag (Ганц худаг). We missed it twice and people will usually tell you how few. Also it is 2 stops from Sukhbaatar to the Ger but it doesn’t always stop at all the stops. Try to get your money ready before you get on the bus and of course watch for pick pockets.


Сонгины пицца хийх аргыг Франц залуу Ману зааж өгсөн.


Reference

Chris Adam
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
258 references • Member since 2006

Jan 2009
 Positive
Begszuren is an enthousiastic host. He and his amazing family are lots of fun and will make sure you enjoy your stay. They are happy to host you and will help you with anything you need.
It was a great experience. You should not visit UB without surfing his Ger.

Begzsuren 
I sure, he
- made a friendly contact with my children.
- found useful travel tips from my Guest book.
- met with 4 surfer friends from my home. So they can organize traveling around Ulaanbaatar or Mongolia.
- known how I do milking a cow in the cold winter morning :-).


Communication

ARRIVAL DATE: Tues Dec 16
DEPARTURE DATE: Mon Dec 22
NUMBER OF PEOPLE: 1
ARRIVING VIA: Train from Ulan-Ude

Hi
I am interested in surfing your couch!
I am in the second month of a 7 month trip to Russia, China, India etc. I flew to London Nov 5th, and have made my way to Russia. I am taking the trans-Siberian to China. Please check my profile if you want to know more about me.

I would like to stay in Ulaanbataar for a few nights.
Do you have a couch available for any of ANY of my dates?
Hope to hear from you
Chris

Begz's message: 

Dear Chris Adam,
My work will start 8:30am. So you can visit to my Ulaanbaatar Public library
/Natsagdorj library/ on that time, you can left your bag to my room, then you can walk around the UB city.
You can back again to my library at 2pm or 5pm, to go my home with my children. My chidlren's school will finish that time.
You can find a Google map from my CS profile, how to arrive from Train station to my library.
See you tomorrow morning,
J.Begzsuren



Харилцах 
 


Comments